The answers can vary, from soapy romantic film to war film.
From colossal film to independent film.
From simple comedy to a film that requires full attention. Mine also vary.
From the horror genre, The Ring (Jap version) is the most frightening film to me, followed with The Others. I enjoy being afraid. I enjoy watching horror movie and not being able to sleep at night..hahaha... The only downside maybe because I rarely find someone who would willingly go to the theater with me to watch horror movie. Friends (and ex boyfriends) often comments they will not pay to get themselves frightened by some movie. So I watch horror film at home, most of the times.
From the romantic comedy (romcom), I enjoy Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail. I think Meg and Tom did great on both. I have to tell you, I have a MAJOR crush on Tom Hanks' voice. Yep. His Voice. One of the sexiest voice.
Also from romcom, let's not forget Jane Austen adaptations: Pride & Prejudice (Greer Garson & Lawrence Olivier version), it's so funny and entertaining. While my favorite Mr. Darcy has got to be Matthew McFadyen from the recent version (with Keira Knightley). I also love Little Women.
Just like music, Indie genre fascinates me. Carandiru left a big impression on me. The way they shot and drag those prisoners like cattles. It's not human at all. Once is a film that lingers for a long time in my mind. I guess...love is more beautiful when left unsaid.
As for Hollywood products... I enjoy watching Sci-Fi & Fantasy. They make me go to another world, with new experience. I can imagine myself being Harry Potter sidekicks...or even Queen Amidala's personal assistant...see? I'm too modest.
If I am asked once again, from all genres...what movie inspires me the most, I have to answer 3 of them:
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
3. The Life of David Gale
Each is impressive in its own way.
Shawshank Redemption is a simple and tragic movie that ended up sweet for both main characters. Announced guilty for the murder of his wife, Andy Dufresne is sent to Shawshank prison to serve a life term. Becoming friends with Red, Andy tries to adapt to prison life, and goes on an unforgettable journey with Red inside the prison walls. Love the ending.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (starring the late James Stewart, directed by Frank Capra) is about a naive man (Jefferson Smith). In Washington, however, Smith discovers many of the shortcomings of the political process as his earnest goal leads to a conflict with the state political boss, Jim Taylor. Taylor first tries to corrupt Smith and then later attempts to destroy Smith through a scandal.

The Life of David Gale is about a University professor, Dr. David Gale, an advocate for the abolishment of death row, who is falsely convicted of rape and murder of another activist. He suddenly finds himself on death row. The film is told in flashbacks with a female reporter interviewing Gale. In the end Gale accomplish all his target, in the most intriguing way.

From colossal film to independent film.
From simple comedy to a film that requires full attention. Mine also vary.
From the horror genre, The Ring (Jap version) is the most frightening film to me, followed with The Others. I enjoy being afraid. I enjoy watching horror movie and not being able to sleep at night..hahaha... The only downside maybe because I rarely find someone who would willingly go to the theater with me to watch horror movie. Friends (and ex boyfriends) often comments they will not pay to get themselves frightened by some movie. So I watch horror film at home, most of the times.
From the romantic comedy (romcom), I enjoy Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail. I think Meg and Tom did great on both. I have to tell you, I have a MAJOR crush on Tom Hanks' voice. Yep. His Voice. One of the sexiest voice.
Also from romcom, let's not forget Jane Austen adaptations: Pride & Prejudice (Greer Garson & Lawrence Olivier version), it's so funny and entertaining. While my favorite Mr. Darcy has got to be Matthew McFadyen from the recent version (with Keira Knightley). I also love Little Women.
Just like music, Indie genre fascinates me. Carandiru left a big impression on me. The way they shot and drag those prisoners like cattles. It's not human at all. Once is a film that lingers for a long time in my mind. I guess...love is more beautiful when left unsaid.
As for Hollywood products... I enjoy watching Sci-Fi & Fantasy. They make me go to another world, with new experience. I can imagine myself being Harry Potter sidekicks...or even Queen Amidala's personal assistant...see? I'm too modest.
If I am asked once again, from all genres...what movie inspires me the most, I have to answer 3 of them:
1. Shawshank Redemption
2. Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
3. The Life of David Gale
Each is impressive in its own way.
Shawshank Redemption is a simple and tragic movie that ended up sweet for both main characters. Announced guilty for the murder of his wife, Andy Dufresne is sent to Shawshank prison to serve a life term. Becoming friends with Red, Andy tries to adapt to prison life, and goes on an unforgettable journey with Red inside the prison walls. Love the ending.

Mr. Smith Goes to Washington (starring the late James Stewart, directed by Frank Capra) is about a naive man (Jefferson Smith). In Washington, however, Smith discovers many of the shortcomings of the political process as his earnest goal leads to a conflict with the state political boss, Jim Taylor. Taylor first tries to corrupt Smith and then later attempts to destroy Smith through a scandal.

The Life of David Gale is about a University professor, Dr. David Gale, an advocate for the abolishment of death row, who is falsely convicted of rape and murder of another activist. He suddenly finds himself on death row. The film is told in flashbacks with a female reporter interviewing Gale. In the end Gale accomplish all his target, in the most intriguing way.

5 comments:
Nothing else but SAVING PRIVATE RYAN. Love the story, and the very strong message the director wanted to deliver. A SACRIFICE will never be nothing.
GNFI: Saving Private Ryan is a good choice. I thought you were going to say your fave movie is American Pie..hahaha
'eternal sunshine of the spotless mind' Twisted,absurd but leave a message not to regret things, the way it supposed to be...
Hindra: yeah... i also like the movie..the only Jim Carrey movie I like by the way ..hehe
Thank you for the recommendation.
I really enjoy your review
Post a Comment