Monday, 9 June 2008

Jack Johnson and Ben Harper (Live)



Actually this video was taken sometime ago, but since I love their music so much, can't help but to post it here. Hope you'll enjoy this as much as I do. I find their music very refreshing compared to current happening sounds (especially those R & B stuff we call music - well kinda).


This is what I call excellent music and it doesn't hurt that they're both good to look at. Just look at them. Just listen to them. It's a pitty I have no quality coffee to enjoy while listening to the song. Tomorrow. It's a promise.


3 comments:

metty said...

Hi Virna.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
You can read my reply there.

Anyway, are these two people's music really good? If you can compare their music to the music of somebody already more famous, whose will it be?

Reza said...

Metty,

These two are good, for real, or at least Johnson is.

I particularly love "upside down", the one he did for the soundtrack of Curious George.

visit societyofsoul.blogspot.com

virna medina said...

hi Metty.
Johnson's music is very relaxing (some people might think the word 'mellow'). I can imagine myself sitting by the beach listening to his music. Probably because he was a professional surfer, which is reflected in his music and lyrics.

While Harper is greatly influenced by Bob Marley, he has similarity with Johnson (or probably the other way around, since he's the one adopting Johnson as his protege). They are both very relax and Harper is the louder yeller, the protester of social matters, while Johnson is a more personal one in terms of lyrics.

If you like Dave Matthews, Jason Mraz or Matt Costa, you will definitely enjoy these two.