Monday, 30 June 2008

Inside Steve's Brain Review (i)


Just last Saturday I have got the precious 'me-time' to start reading this book - I read it in the car on my way to my cousin's house. Though I've only read about 50 pages, I have to say I enjoy every minute of it. So far Kahney realistically explained brief introduction on Jobs' character, which are (among others) narcissistic, dominant, obsessive, pushy, filthy temper, perfectionism, the desire for total control, sometimes cruel and freaking loud!

The book also describes that he was not actually sacked from Apple, he resigned before being sacked. Several years later he founded Pixar Animation Studio (Toy Story 1-3, Finding Nemo, etc) and NeXT.

Some of the Animated Movies produced by Pixar

Later, Gil Amelio (Apple then CEO), bought NeXT, hoping to rely on its product (a robust OS) to replace old Mac's. Jobs returned to Apple in 1996 as Gil Amelio's Special Advisor. So far...he had no intention of coming back to the company which he built in his room several years ago. Jobs believed that there is no hope for Apple. He even sold 1.5 million Apple shares (paid by the company for his advisory service)... but one single stock (for memorabilia purpose).


Gilbert Amelio - previous CEO of Apple


July 1997, Apple's board asked Amelio to resign following large string of losses (probably the biggest in the history of Silicon Valley) and replace him for Jobs. Few people think that Jobs was backstabbing Amelio. But the condition seemed to prove the opposite. It was out of character that Jobs will backstab Amelio. I say... if he wanted the position he will stab Amelio right to his face rather than his back. That's how it works for Jobs.

(to be continue)


4 comments:

Akhyari said...

dun let me wait too long, write the whole story soon, maam. Then i'll comment...it's damn interesting, and i'd like to know your opinion too.

Akhyari said...

heiyoooo.......when will you start writing, maam?

virna medina said...

Okay Sire, will do asap. Am on leave, studying for Monday test. This is what working class person is all about. Dependent to her work and its compensation instead of total freedom (of time). Not that I am complaining.

Insya Allah will write later tonite.

Akhyari said...

it took soo long for me to understand what's in your mind, what keep your brain busy. Your blog shows me all the answer to all my questions.
This is.....something new !