Sunday, 18 August 2013

(I thought) I have a pulled hamstring!

I have a pulled hamstring.

That’s what I said to everyone who asked whether I would go for a run or not. I was an avid runner for about 4 years and planned on participating in a half marathon in Bali in June this year. I trained like never before. I usually trained 3 times a week top, but ever since I've had my mind on being in a half marathon course, I trained 4 times a week with a rapid increase of mileage.

Early May this year when running would give me pain afterwards and I would have a very slow recovery days. Previously, I would recover after 1 or 2 days, but ever since that incident (which I'm not so sure what) I would have to wait for at least a week to recover from a 5K run. A very frustrating situation for a budding runner like me. I know I may not be the fastest runner, or a runner who have ran marathons and all but this is certainly been the most annoying situation I've had since my “running career” (if I ever had one).

Then came June.

My hamstring feels so much better and I considered to start a slow and short run at the treadmill again. I would walk for 2 miles and close the session with a mile jog. Gosh, I really use the term “jog” here.. hehe.

I've tried so many things to speed up the recovery process. I even bought myself the smart grid foam roller and it really did help after each running session. But the click in my hip bone is still here. It still clicked. I even have inside joke: I couldn't click with a decent man, but at least my hip bone click! Hah! How bout that! My old sarcastic self is baaaaack! If it ever went away.

Then, I decided to visit an Orthopedist. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.