Monday, 7 September 2009

Hunger is No Issue


As I get older (and hopefully wiser), I do not feel the thirst and hunger during shaum. When I was little or younger I remember the most difficult thing about shaum is the hunger (and thirst) thing.

I have a big appetite for a lady :p

Especially when it comes to cakes, nasi goreng and japanese foodies..yummm (still have the craving for salmon belly soup).




The hunger feeling was hard to ignore, yet harder to satisfied as it is impossible to "accidentally" swallow a plate of meal. But the thirst thing is easier...

During my pre-teen year, when taking wudhu sometimes I "accidentally" swallow the water or let it linger a little bit longer in my mouth...

As I get bigger and entering my teen years, it became easier.

But now, as I'm in my twenties (ahem!), hunger and thirst are no longer an issue I have to struggle with.

Don't you agree that emotion is hard to control?

Especially when on my way to the office, having to cope with the motorcycles on the road. Sometimes I let my old and angry self slips away...cursing them and yelling at them. As I felt the blood of rage rush through my head... I say "astaghfirullah. Gue kan lagi puasa". Sometimes I can control it, but sometimes it just slips away.


I pray and pray and pray that God will guide me and help me control my furious self (I still do).

4 comments:

Reza said...

ah you're doing fine lah mbak...at least i cant tell whether youre upset or not..

it is i who need a serious anger management treatment :(

virna medina said...

That's because I'm a very DATAR or what my team called as Yogen Fruz.
During jr high I can slap anyone I want, even my best friend when she offended me. I regret that moment.

moro said...

ada artikel hangat?

moro said...

ada artikel hangat?