I don't consider myself as a writer, at least a qualify one. Never in my mind to think of myself as writer. For Jack's sake, I was just starting my own blog for a little over 9 months. So... I consider myself a newborn. Newborn baby can't see a thing (except for angels).
As a newborn blogger (after in practice for 9 months), I can't seem to force myself to type/write something. It's been almost 2 months. I don't consider my last post (about a month ago) as an actual post, as I was wishing everyone 'eid mubarak', it was an easy one. Just about anyone can post something like that. I guess this is what they call "writer's block" or in my case "blogger's block".

Believe me, I've tried everything to overcome this condition. From planning an interesting topic, creating a supportive environment in my room, reading many topics, exploring other blogs, playing an interesting music, watching indie movies, reading a cutting edge book, writing down ideas, you name them. Nothing. None. Zero.
The Blockers
Where do ideas come from? Not sure. They just sort of pop out. Lately I just seem to have none, when it comes to blogging. Well.... I blame these things:
1. TV Series

2. Baking, my new hobby
I seem to have a new budding interest over cooking (yay!), believe me during Ramadhan I've baked several cakes and they turned out to be good (meaning: nobody dies while eating them and they actually tasted ..... delicious - this is based from actual people who were actually eating them). Here's a picture of one of my baked products. Yummy huh!?

3. Office Work
There's a new pressure at the office, to say the least. The pressure to perform is entering a new era of backstabbing that I should be aware of. Hope I can come out alive.
4. The Twilight Saga
Yeah....I know I may sound a little bit teenish, compared to my actual age, but I like the first book and it keep me occupy for a while (finished the book, looking for the next books and counting on the days until the film actually on theaters - which is 12122008)

Excuses, Excuses
I know I may sound like a whiner or an escapist, I prefer the latter. But, today after sipping a cup of coffee with some friends @ Bakkoel Koffie and bringing my "book of ideas" with me, I finally decide to post. Accompany by The Decemberists (my new favorite band - not actually a feel good band, but they rock!) and a very very strong will, here I am. Back with a ..... (I would like to say '"vengeance", but the word would be too mambo jumbo)....post.
By the way.... back to the post title:
Have You Ever Experienced Blogger's Block? How do you battle with it?
As a newborn blogger (after in practice for 9 months), I can't seem to force myself to type/write something. It's been almost 2 months. I don't consider my last post (about a month ago) as an actual post, as I was wishing everyone 'eid mubarak', it was an easy one. Just about anyone can post something like that. I guess this is what they call "writer's block" or in my case "blogger's block".

Believe me, I've tried everything to overcome this condition. From planning an interesting topic, creating a supportive environment in my room, reading many topics, exploring other blogs, playing an interesting music, watching indie movies, reading a cutting edge book, writing down ideas, you name them. Nothing. None. Zero.
The Blockers
Where do ideas come from? Not sure. They just sort of pop out. Lately I just seem to have none, when it comes to blogging. Well.... I blame these things:
1. TV Series
- All interesting series I follow just beginning to start a new season (Heroes, House, Life, Samantha Who, Grey's Anatomy, and my guilty pleasures I'm ashamed to admit: Desperate Housewives, Gossip Girl and Dirty Sexy Money).
- TV stations are playing new interesting series: True Blood, Fringe, The Mentalist.

2. Baking, my new hobby
I seem to have a new budding interest over cooking (yay!), believe me during Ramadhan I've baked several cakes and they turned out to be good (meaning: nobody dies while eating them and they actually tasted ..... delicious - this is based from actual people who were actually eating them). Here's a picture of one of my baked products. Yummy huh!?

3. Office Work
There's a new pressure at the office, to say the least. The pressure to perform is entering a new era of backstabbing that I should be aware of. Hope I can come out alive.
4. The Twilight Saga
Yeah....I know I may sound a little bit teenish, compared to my actual age, but I like the first book and it keep me occupy for a while (finished the book, looking for the next books and counting on the days until the film actually on theaters - which is 12122008)

Excuses, Excuses
I know I may sound like a whiner or an escapist, I prefer the latter. But, today after sipping a cup of coffee with some friends @ Bakkoel Koffie and bringing my "book of ideas" with me, I finally decide to post. Accompany by The Decemberists (my new favorite band - not actually a feel good band, but they rock!) and a very very strong will, here I am. Back with a ..... (I would like to say '"vengeance", but the word would be too mambo jumbo)....post.
By the way.... back to the post title:
Have You Ever Experienced Blogger's Block? How do you battle with it?
6 comments:
standing ovation for the analysis.
se-serius gitu vir? hehe..
hmmm, aku jg sempat punya aneka niat buat jadi kontributor ideal at least for my own site.
tp rasanya aktifitas bejibun yang dibaluri sedikit males jadi faktor kuat buat menunda-nunda nge-post :P
Hi kakak jowvy...
Iyalah, harus diseriusin, tp ini jg baru dikritik tmn, ktnya blog gue too serious, agak2 mau membuat sdkt lebih relax lah
waaaa...punya situs sendiri nih malahan. Td coba dibuka tp ga bs buka dr kantor nih. Thanks for visiting ya.
Ntar mlm aku visit deh :)
blog virna bagus kok, sebenarnya kalau ada counter-nya, bagus...saya lihat, lumayan rankingnya.
@ Akhyari
Thanks for the compliment. It's hard, but I managed to blog again after being too occupy with fesbuk. Now I'm ba-ba-back! [songong mode ON]
@ Farina
Thanks for visiting bu.
Soal ranking masih jauh banget sama other blogs, tp diusahakan tetap aktif.
Soal counter, sedang dipikirkan bgmana bagusnya. Model shout box gt maksudnya?
Btw, aku ngga bisa buka yr blog.
try farinajamal.co.nr
Post a Comment