

What browser are you currently using?
Mozilla Firefox and Flock Eco Edition (also from Firefox) are my favorite ones.
I have them both installed on my machine. I force myself to keep the windows default browser (internet explorer), though I really hate it.

I've also tried Opera and though many people seem to think that Opera is cool, I think the other way around as I don't feel comfortable using it.
Welcome Google Chrome
Now we all have to welcome Google Chrome, a new browser produced by Google. Chrome was launched for the first time on September 1. The launched of Chrome was rather unique, by publishing a comic book created by Scott McCloud (you can download it here).
Beta version of Chrome was released on September 2 in over 100 countries. Google claims Chrome to be faster, safer and more stable than its competitors. (read it in Google Official Blog here).
Google Chrome also allows tab browsing like the others. The difference is, the tab was located outside the window, instead of inside the window like others located. Chrome also equipped with Task Manager to manage these tabs.
Here's what it looks like.
Google's Chrome overpowers the other browsers on the five subtests by which Google measures its browser's JavaScript performance. (Credit: Stephen Shankland/CNET News). Lars Bak, the Google engineer who was the technical leader for Chrome's V8 JavaScript engine, said at the launch event Tuesday he's confident Chrome is "many times faster" than the rivals at running JavaScript, the programming language that powers Google Docs, Gmail, and many other Web applications.

Google Chrome vs Mozilla Firefox
Google is the default search egine for Mozilla Firefox. From what I find out, the ads from Firefox Search Usage is the largest chunk of Mozilla's income, up to85%. Contract between Google and Mozilla will end in November this year and we can expect Google to appear as the default search engine of Chrome (duh!).
With Google search as the default search engine, can Chrome lure me to leave Firefox and Flock? Let's see.




10 comments:
oh jadi selama ini google mempopulerkan forefox karena ad akontrak toh..
pintar si google..
I believe so. That's one of the many reasons why Google is one of the best companies in the world. Thanks for visiting.
Opera has a very limited feature, u cant blog as comfortable as using firefox. G Chrome is for Vista rite, and I will never install Windows Vista until Microsoft releases the new version. This current version is relatively a failed version to me, makes my whole operation slow, and sometimes It made me sleepless due to its unreliability.
just tried the chrome. amazing speed.
@akhyari
Chrome is available for Win XP and Win Vista
@mbak Virna
why hate ie? its kinda kool..i think :)
i love Chrome also, but i think the speedtest was overrated, Chrome might get the advantage if the comparison was made under extreme condition (such as multiple windows vs multiple tabs), this is due to, i think Chrome's hidden class transitions. Tested under normal condition, ceteris paribus, it wont make much difference with ie....i think :)
read here http://www.google.com/googlebooks/chrome/small_14.html for details on hidden class transitions
Hi Reza, where have u been? :)
Agree on the speed test, I also think it's a little exaggerating. IE? Cool? Really? You may wanna check what cool means in the dictionary ;)
Unless cool = geeky, then I agree.
Currently I'm loving Firefox (and of course Flock Eco Edition) for its simplicity, plus.... it has google search engine in it. It will be interesting to see what Mozilla will do post its contract with google. I don't think google will be the default s.e. But who knows right?
@mbak virna
thanks for noticing ;) i've been out soul-searching (not with google)but here i am
ie is kool in a way that its durable, its functional, it helped millions of netters, i say give them a break.
Well... I'll try to resume it:
Chrome uses WEBKIT's engine, the same one that my good and beloved SAFARI (I'm an apple since last year :p) has in it's core.
The thing is that SAFARI 4 (upcoming) has the same engine, & I've been toying with this "über-speed" for quite some time, as I download from time to time a freshly compiled (nightly build) version of webkit with the latest "bleeding edge" features ;)
Firefox... hummmm... well... you won't like my reply but I think after many versions and time/years with it that it is utterly rubbish (speed and stability)... yes it is geeky and has many ways to extend it...but... what I said earlier.
Actual IT culture is becoming webcentric, and the browser is the main window/piece of software for almost everything, so it'll get very normal to have a linuxish OS with everything revolving around the browser and the online life.
Hehe... I've refrained myself from saying what I think about linux (flavours) as it would be "incendiary"...suffice to say that I code/coded the lowest hardcore ways and been using it since the first Slackware distros... :p
Ok, I wrote too much... the gods will punish me now xDDD
Take care!
CIAO!
CeK!
Well... I personally like Firefox, not sure why bu in my workstation it works a lot better than its peers. I'd like to try Safari though, as a many die-hard Mac users swear by it and I'd like to think there's a pretty good reason for that. For the time being I officially hate IE.
@ Akhyari
Definitely XP is a lot better than Vista. That's why the Beta Version of Windows 7 will be available by December this year. Isn't it odd to launch 7 not so long after Vista, while between Vista and XP there's at least 5-6 years time difference?
IE suck,
Chrome and Firefox are cool.
Btw ever think to monetize your blog?
Or making a monetized video on youtube? About drawing or something?
Post a Comment