Sunday, 17 August 2008

How Did You Celebrate Independence Day?

Everyone has his or her way to mark the Independence Day on August 17.



Independence Day reminds us the unforgettable contributions of our great leaders and workers who devoted their lives for acquiring an independent country Indonesia is (i think) now.

Several activities are planned by civil society and public departments on national level including competitions, exhibitions and discussion Programmes to highlight the achievements of our country and pay tributes to services of our predecessors.


Keeping in view all these things, I invite you to contribute a post on my blog here on how do/did you celebrate Hari Kemerdekaan.

Email your post here: virna.medina@yahoo.com

8 comments:

Satya Rahadhian said...

Wow ... I celebrate our Independence Day by reading your blog!!! Awesome !!! I should have tried this long time ago, but, you know, excuse always comes first. Bla .. bla .. bla. Keep posting Vir!

virna medina said...

Hi Satyaaaa.. how r u buddy?
Thanks for reading (jadi malu neeh).

Anyway... yep u should give this a try and please don't ever think that bloggers are people with so much spare time, we are busy people also (bener nggak pak dan bu). I'm a bit pissed since one friend comment that bloggers are people with no social life, please deh....

I have a blogger friend who post during his in flight 'spare time', and look at the result... fantastic (akhyari... this one goes to you bro)

So... go ahead.. awaiting your upcoming blog ya (gue juga baru mulai kok)

Anonymous said...

Hmm...i feel like...i am reborn !
Indonesia is truly a diverse nation made up of dynamic and somehow difficult people. Each year on Aug 17, I celebrate that freedom and independence with raising flags, watching the UPACARA BENDERA on TV, and family gatherings. I feel like i want to bring the world closer to Indonesia with more good understanding and better-off knowledge.
I feel like i want to invite all nations to celebrate with Indonesians, here...in my homeland...
Happy Birthday, INDONESIA !

Akhyari said...

I have a blogger friend who post during his in flight 'spare time', and look at the result... fantastic (akhyari... this one goes to you bro) --> i am no good blogger, V...i am just an ordinary hensem man ! Deal with that :p

virna medina said...

@ Akhyari:
Haiya... still dealing with self praising huh?! Cape d.

@ Erick:
Salam kenal. Of course, I feel the same way... which is why I push myself to write in English, so that non-Indonesian can connect to us and see the real Indonesia and Indonesians, like us. Here's to Indonesia! :) Thanks for visiting.

Anonymous said...

you have more than one comments, why you only put one comment? :)

Akhyari said...

well, maybe I am (still) so special to virna...haha..! Sorry, I cant stand teasing .

virna medina said...

@ Erick

hi.. posted your comment but couldn't find a picture of you on your blog. thanks for visiting.