
Two weeks ago I wish I wasn’t single. Last week I was also glad I am single. But most of the time I actually appreciate that I was (and am) single. Confused? Welcome to my world.
It all started with a simple thing. A friend's wedding. What is worse than attending someone's wedding by yourself? I was trying my butt out finding a perfect date for myself. As desperate as I may sound, I did find myself a date. Period.Not that I am self conscious and uncomfortable of going alone. Been there, done that. Once, and went quite well actually as I met some of my old lady friends, who were also single.
I made a pact with myself several years ago that I would not get into another “real” relationship until I had a clearer view of what I wanted in both love and in life. I’m pretty sure I lit a candle or something. See, I realized very quickly that trying to figure out someone else when you don’t even have yourself figured out is an impossible task.
People often make such a big deal out of being single. What's the problem with it? I honestly wouldn’t trade places with women engaged or married straight out of college. They never get the opportunity to experience how bitchy life can be in their early and late 20’s, the way I have… Alone. Now, I’m not claiming to live some terribly hard life… I have my job, I have my health, I have my friends and family, and most days, I have my sanity.

On the contrary, I’m claiming to live the typical life of a career-driven, risk taking 30-something. And being forced to deal with all of the kidney punches life decides to throw, on my own, has enabled me to get to know a pretty awesome person - Myself.
1 comment:
ui Mbak Virna,
You write your own love stories, God reviews :)
Being single does not prevent you from having a love life right?
So please separate "Love" from "Marriage", for some people said that there's no love in marriage, perhaps love drove people to marry, but it cease to exist when they are (married).
Stay single! Keep those guys waiting ;)
Post a Comment