I love when it rains, especially at night.
To me the rain is the closest thing I ever get to nature in the big city. The nature we can see, smell, touch, feel, hear and taste. Rain has that full senses effect. A feeling of nature taking its course, something completely out of my control. But I don't care. I like it.
I want to walk out from under my cover and enjoy it, feel the cold water run down my skin. Once again, I'm going back to my childhood dream, playing in the rain, pretending to fall down so that I'll get wet and gives a heaven of an excuse for me to stay outside.
I hear the drops. The water falling.
Cool. Water drifting through my hair. It feels like it is in a rush to get somewhere, then it stops, not knowing where to go next. After a moment of hesitation, it is off again in a new direction, pushing my hair back and forth.
A feeling of calm and peacefulness washing over me. Makes me extremely reflective and introspective, bring about a ton of thoughts about anything.
I love listening to the rain softly hit the windows or the roof as I go to sleep. It almost creates a feeling of comfort and being safe and that in itself will tend to lull me to sleep.
We've come on a very friendly terms, the rain and me....

No comments:
Post a Comment