Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Sarcasm is a bitch

Sarcasm is beautiful. 

Well.... that's an overstatement, even from me. 

I think sarcasm is the lowest form of humor. Chandler Bing is the king of The Sarcasm Kingdom. While Gregory House is the Prime Minister who runs the daily ops. How bout that for starter?

I admire sarcastic people. I think they're intelligent just not good enough comedian. Life is already funny, so who needs comedians anyway. Sarcastic people has a quick wit, sharp tongue and the ability to extract the second point of weakness into a conversation or a simple comment (bahasa gaulnya 'nyeletuk').

In this case, the lowest form of humor is underrated. I revise my previous statement. Sarcasm is a form of humor. A bitter one if I may say. I'm still in a self learning on how to be better at sarcasm. However if sometimes I manage to throw my own sarcasm people would stare at me blankly or with doe eyes (tatapan nanar). They sometimes think that I'm just being rude, when actually I'm just being "me".


One time I blurted out quite loudly for a table manner during a formal organization congress (after this guy coming down from the podium). "He is amazing. Nobody can deliver a perfectly long speech for the silliest and smallest idea. How cool is that?!" I remember the people at my table were staring angrily at me, like I was some kind of witch, or a bitch maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarcasm is the stepchild of the irony. While irony requires some sort of thoughtful, if distanced, stance, sarcasm is merely stating the opposite of what you mean.

virna medina said...

Agree!
I think to be sarcastic one needs more than just saying the opposite. you gotta have the cynical and the i-could-care-less attitude when you say your sarcasm.

Thanks for stopping by my glorious blog (trying to be sarcastic)