I've been feeling a little overwhelmed lately. Last week it seemed like I was being pulled in 13 different directions when all I really wanted to do was go to the cake shop and buy myself a high-fat-high-carb chocolate cake, with thick cream on top (you should try this one called Chocolate Indulgence, a definite guilty pleasure).

It was Friday night and I was hanging out with some friends at our usual place, an ice cream parlour, and as the spoon touch my lips, I felt my mind racing and write a mental post-it notes: I have to go to the gym, my aunt's birthday, go to a tahlil at a relative's house, write a blog post (which I am doing right now), go out with friends, take my family for our usual lunch weekend, clean my bookshelves, bla-bla-bla.
Aren't you tired of planning everything ahead? I know I do.
Is not planning everything makes me a sloppy Jane? Does that make me less of a person?
Control is good, for certain things, like your work. But the rest of it... you just need to let it loose sometimes.
I know I need it.
It's like eating Bertie Botts every flavour beans, you'll never know what you might get (you Harry Potter fan should be familiar with this).

I like getting the good flavours like chocolate and toffee. But how am I gonna sort which ones are the good ones unless I've experienced the icky ones? Not trying to get all weird and geeky here, but life is like that. Sometimes you get to experienced the delicious ones, but you can't avoid the crappier side like incidentally getting the vomit or rotten egg flavor.

It is the wonderful world of not knowing. It sucks! I love it! Don't you?

It was Friday night and I was hanging out with some friends at our usual place, an ice cream parlour, and as the spoon touch my lips, I felt my mind racing and write a mental post-it notes: I have to go to the gym, my aunt's birthday, go to a tahlil at a relative's house, write a blog post (which I am doing right now), go out with friends, take my family for our usual lunch weekend, clean my bookshelves, bla-bla-bla.
Aren't you tired of planning everything ahead? I know I do.
Is not planning everything makes me a sloppy Jane? Does that make me less of a person?
Control is good, for certain things, like your work. But the rest of it... you just need to let it loose sometimes.
I know I need it.
It's like eating Bertie Botts every flavour beans, you'll never know what you might get (you Harry Potter fan should be familiar with this).

I like getting the good flavours like chocolate and toffee. But how am I gonna sort which ones are the good ones unless I've experienced the icky ones? Not trying to get all weird and geeky here, but life is like that. Sometimes you get to experienced the delicious ones, but you can't avoid the crappier side like incidentally getting the vomit or rotten egg flavor.

It is the wonderful world of not knowing. It sucks! I love it! Don't you?
4 comments:
Today is April 27th,
Virna, Happy B-day...
:)
i need a flavorless one mbak...terlalu terlalu nih my life lately
@ Ichsan: thanks yaaaa..... :)
@ Reza: I know what you're referring to, hehe...
candy should has flavour, water on the other hand is flavour free...or calorie free..like coca cola zero, hehe
Absolutely agree....
Lucky you dear, still hv plenty of time to writting down anything you want...
it really helps you to relieve any sucks thing in life :)
And not everybody is able to do that
Post a Comment