Thursday, 10 April 2008

Fitna, You Tube and 'Premanisme'

I am one of those ordinary people who sometimes (not always) update themselves with the latest news. Usually it takes up to one or two days for me to hear "the hip and happening" news.


Fitna

Apply also when some Dutch man of no important make an ill provocative yet one-sided documenter film about Islam. I curse the person who made the film. t bothers me that this sicko degrade my belief. But I have my faith, and I am sure you have yours. We all - including many of his fellow Dutchmen - curse the filmmaker. This sicko, I am sure, has earn the impact of his stupid and poor action and will continue to pay in a very long time. Considering, he will have some very unpleasant activity to do, prep himself for the upcoming lawsuits.


You Tube

As commercial as it, You Tube of course gain some perspective (and cash) from a lot of people (by publishing the shitty and crappy documentary on its page). As liberal as I may sound, who can prevent this to occur in this so-called modern world? And as stupid as I may sound, preventing You Tube from posting the piece of shit is not going to make us any smarter either. Preventing You Tube from posting it only increase profitability to the maker. So... I guess we will not be that stupid right?


Premanisme

Premanisme is an Indonesian slank for a hostile attitude toward differences. Premanisme, if not prevented, can lead toward offensiveness. Often, principal difference can lead to 'premanisme', which if we leave it, can lead to violence. If we can grow a culture that can share and appreciate differences (even in worst kind) toward a more constructive manner, than all differences will be actioned in a more civilized way.

The banning of You Tube by the government is neither civilized nor constructive. It is not civilized in a way that the site is run by a capitalist, who wouldn't understand the-ban-first-think-later attitude from our government. It is not constructive in a way that You Tube is the fastest growing video stie that post varieties of them. From education to entertainment, from religion to obscene materials like porn. We gain some useful information from the site, no need to explain more on this, as we all agree I am sure.

No other word can perfectly describe the action than 'premanisme'. They ban just because they can. It is not You Tube that was banned. It is us, Indonesian. The main background of that action is simply a trust issue. The government do not trust its own people. Period. You Tube has no business in obeying the voice of from the third world nation (yeah, that's what they call us). They don't care. Oh.. what was that expression they use to ignore a person? Bite me! Or in this case, BAN ME!

2 comments:

Akhyari said...

oh my god. Am i really the only one in Indonesia who support the banning on those sites, or am i just the only one who is aware?
I've been sending many similar replies to tens of bloggers, netters, and putting comments in many articles, including foreign webs.
The simple idea is only one line, DO NOT assume that all indonesians have the same level of education as you do! The audience is far cry from ready,.
The other one is, IF your father/family is humiliated, attacked thru bad information, thru international media, or internet, would you disagree if the government helps you by banning the media from being spread out? or..would you oppose the banning?
before i continue....please consider !

Reza said...

Mbak Virna,

I'm with you on this one, ban the threads not the site.

Kill the mice, dont burn the whole barn.

Just Love YouTube